Monday, September 22, 2008

12oz Prophet, What has it become...





12oz started off as the illest graff mag on the market, then it moved to the net. I admit I thought it was a good idea at first, but then I saw the light. I realized that it no longer took long nights of writing to get your fame. Now you could do a few fill ins, a few dope peaces, and your in. I see more and more cats getting props that never even bombed a wall illegally. Its disgusting, how these cats get massive amounts of shine and they never put in work. I know artists that went all city several times and didn't get the light of day these dudes are getting. I'm not mad that the younger generation has this tool. Just that they are not using correctly. 90 percent of the time they are hating on each other, or beefing, or just posting ugly ass shit. Graff writers have a monumental fight ahead of them and instead of rising to the challenge. We are out there fighting and killing each other. I know I had my share of fights and beefs. But time needs to change, we need a new direction, work together and all things are possible. I would also like to mention the amount of visibility you can get from unwanted areas. I retired a long time ago, so I'm not worried. But some of these younger writers freely give to much information. Stop the bullshit and think for one second. I cant blame 12oz for this situation, at least they gave us a platform to shine. Its older graff writers not returning knowledge to the young ins. I'll share a lil I just hope it doesnt fall on deaf ears.

No comments: